One law, or was that Two?
Two young men.
Two different skin colours
Two different manners of death
Two very different outcomes.
Stephen Lawrence, a tall, slim black youth with aspirations to be an architect, lived in Eltham, and was attacked and stabbed by four young white men. He was stabbed to a depth of about five inches on both sides of the front of his body, in the chest and arm. the stab wounds severed several arteries. Although he tried to escape, he collapsed and bled to death. He died near the scene of his attack. No one has yet been successfully prosecuted for his death, plenty have pointed fingers, there have been unsuccessful prosecutions, but so far, no one has paid a legal price for this racist attack.
However, we have so far seen, regarding this young black man:-
- A multi-million pound inquiry into his death, and the police investigation of that death.
- Some half-million pound paid in ‘compensation’ to his parents.
- A £3 million pound memorial centre
- The establishment of a yearly Stephen Lawrence Lecture
- The generation and awarding of an annual Architectural Prize in his memory
- His name as a feature on a memorial website, as well as the website of the memorial trust.
- Many politicians visiting, commenting upon, or otherwise remembering young Stephen.
- Television specials, comment programmes, all exclusively devoted to that death and memory of that death.
Kriss Donald, a slightly built, 15-year-old White schoolboy was abducted from the streets of Pollockshields, Glasgow, on March 14, 2004. His kidnappers were five British Muslims of Pakistani descent, intent on exacting retribution on a white male in revenge for a previous fight, although Kriss was believed to be a stranger to his five attackers. He was taken to an area of waste ground where he was finished off after being tortured. Before he died, it is alleged that he was castrated, burned with cigarettes; his eyes were gouged out and he was stabbed repeatedly. Once on the waste ground he was doused with gasoline and set alight whilst still alive. He crawled a few metres and then, mercifully, died. A walker who discovered his body the following morning was unaware that it was even human, remarking, that at first, he thought it was the carcass of an animal.
The results of the investigation was that three Muslim Asian men, all born in Scotland, are serving minimum sentences of twenty-three years or more for the unprovoked death of this defenceless young man.
- No Memorial
- No Building in his memory.
- No politicians, no Prime Minister standing weeping crocodile tears over his grave.
- Hardly any press coverage, and no ‘horrified’ commentaries by the ‘liberal elite’ and Guardian readers.
- No further inquiry into the circumstances of his death.
- No £500,000.00 compensation offered to his grieving parents.
Strange, that disparity in the aftermath of these two deaths; very strange! Wonder why the difference?