In a review of newspaper headlines this morning, I note the following:-
- Comments on the alleged shut-down of America; or not, as the case may be
- The Home Secretary in a row over who said what about some other lying politician who refused to dismount his bike whilst leaving Downing St.
- Caroline Lucas gets her name up through her ‘fracking’ arrest.
- Lots of chatter about some weird football game and trophy.
- More talk about Jimmy Savile, and how he got away with everything.
- A New Zealand novelist winning a literary prize.
- Crisis, once more, in the NHS Mental Health services.
- No strike in Grangemouth, Union backs down!
- Mark Duggan executed whilst holding gun which strangely enough, subsequently appeared over thirty yards from car.
- Iran’s nuclear ambitions continue, as do the ‘talks’.
- Labour Party female MP defends decision to pose topless when 15 years old…”I needed money for some clothes!”
But strangely enough the number 445 does not feature prominently in most news organisations web screens. Is it an important number? Yes, I believe it is, because it tells the story of how a bunch of weaselling, lying politicians failed our Armed Services in the worst possible way, and how they continue to lie, which is why yet one more British soldier’s blood garnishes the sands and soil of an ungrateful Afghanistan.
My father served in the British Army throughout WW2, as did many thousands more. My uncle died in Northern France days after D-Day, and thousands more Allied troops died after him in the weeks and months that followed. But they, the living and the sadly-dead, fought in a just cause, to defeat the Nazi war machine of Adolf Hitler. As the late King George VI said in his famous speech on the day war was declared, ‘Such a principle, stripped of all disguise, is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right ‘, and the politicians, who guided our Nation and our Armed Forces through the storm to fight against the very nature of the Nazi machine, were worthy of that task.
Compare them with the bunch of weasels in charge now, and then determine if we are still well served!