“Today the London Fire Brigade completed a joint inspection of the blocks with Camden Council technical experts. Together we decided that the Taplow block needs to be temporarily decanted while we undertake urgent fire safety works so that residents can be fully assured of their safety,” Gould said earlier on Friday evening.
“I’ve made the really difficult decision of moving the people living there into temporary accommodation,” said Georgia Gould, head of the council. “I know it’s going to be difficult, but Grenfell changes everything. I just don’t believe that we can take any risks with our residents’ safety, and I just have to put them first.”
As opposed to:-
Residents can help to stay safe through following this advice:
- Make sure you have a working smoke alarm in your home – Council tenants will be provided with an alarm at no cost.
- Check your smoke alarm is working every month
- Keep balconies free from clutter
- Don’t leave rubbish or bikes in communal areas or obstruct escape routes
- Make sure you know where your nearest fire exit is
- Do not smoke in common areas of the block
- Always fully extinguish cigarettes smoked in your home and dispose of them carefully and safely
Its what is commonly known as:-