Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA……….As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming’s District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place.
For his trouble: the attacks, condemnation of the President, and, of course, calls of ‘Racist’ resounded through both Twittersphere and other Social Media.
So, was Trump being ‘racist’: is he a ‘Racist’: or was he being lambasted by his opponents for speaking the plain, unvarnished truth about one of America’s largest cities? Prez. Trump’s first response Tweet was to a speech from Representative Cummings, in which the Committee politician alleged that immigrant children were lying in their own faeces in Border detention facilities, despite the Border Patrol spokesman denying that this had ever taken place. So the President simply spoke up in defence of his Border Patrol force, by pointing out that if Rep. Cummings attended more to his district, and the shortcomings thereof, he might just be seen to be doing the job he is paid to do; instead of grandstanding, during a Committee hearing, about something he has READ about, rather than seeing for himself.
Was President Trump speaking, or rather ‘Tweeting’, the truth in his descriptions of Baltimore?
Let’s examine that city, from publications, reports news and current affairs programmes, but, primarily by homicide and drug statistics.
- In less than 13 years in 70 percent black Baltimore, blacks have murdered nearly 3,000 other black people in the crumbling ruins of a city white people long ago built, only to abandon when black crime became an intolerable proposition when considering the raising of white children.
- The statistics regarding drug overdose rates in Baltimore are truly frightening, Heroin overdose numbers went, over a ten-year period, from 200 to 850: whilst fentanyl overdose fatalities rocketed from 27 in 2007, to 1888 in 2017.
- In 73% Black Baltimore, during the “unrest’ in Baltimore in relation to the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody, the Orioles and the White Sox played Wednesday’s game in a stadium closed to the public. Except for two scouts sitting behind home plate and a press box full of reporters, Camden Yards was an empty expanse of green. The Black-run City of Baltimore’s Administration and Police stated that they could not guarantee the safety of the fans.
- As Rush Limbaugh noted:-
- That’s right, my friends. Baltimore is going to pay tribute to gangs and community organizers and freelance thugs today. The Baltimore Orioles will play at Camden Yards without fans because it’s too dangerous. You know how much economic impact a baseball game, a baseball season has in Baltimore that’s being shut down today? It’s incredible, the economic impact of a home game for the Baltimore Orioles, and it’s just gonna be wiped out.
- Because they don’t have the courage to let fans in, because they don’t think they can control the riffraff. This is unprecedented. According to John Thorn, the official historian for Major League Baseball, this will be a first. There has never been a game played before an empty stadium. The previous low record for attendance happened on September 28, 1882, for a game in Worcester, Massachusetts. The lowest attended game was then, and 1882 is back in the days of the founding of the game.Less than
- 40 years after a city like Baltimore went from majority white to majority black, the level of civilisation found in cities has receded to the African mean. And we quickly learn the infrastructure whites long ago built cannot be maintained. Because paying your water bill is apparently just something white people do…
- In April of this year, the Baltimore Sun’s editorial board published another op-ed titled “Baltimore’s perpetual trash problem.” Among other issues, the article detailed some of the problems that stemmed from ubiquitous piles of trash — increased rodent infestations among them.
- Yet, here we are again in a mess of a city. Food containers, balled up clothes, paper, banana peels, plastic bags and tons of other pieces of litter line the shoulders of roads, pile up in alleys and are strewn across fields and yards. Not only is it unsightly and contributes to a rodent problem, but it can create a glum and gloomy feel in a time when the city is already facing self-esteem issues because of high crime and the scandal surrounding the University Maryland Medical System and Mayor Catherine Pugh, who’s now on an indefinite leave, and her Healthy Holly books.
- In September 2018, another Baltimore Sun article quoted then-Mayor Catherine Pugh as saying that the problem was so extensive that “you can smell the rats.”
- That’s the same Mayor Pugh who is now on ‘long-time leave’. Her problems started with Healthy Holly, a children’s book about a young black girl who promotes self-improvement. Holly is the ideal kid: She exercises regularly and eats her veggie and fruits. She’s the main character of three books by Pugh: Healthy Holly: Exercising is Fun!, Healthy Holly: Fruits Come In Colors Like The Rainbow, and Healthy Holly: A Healthy Start for Herbie. After more than six weeks of controversy over possible corruption, Pugh’s lawyer announced her resignation at a press conference, which the now-former mayor did not attend. During it, her lawyer read a statement from Pugh in which she apologised for the harm she had caused. Ex-Mayor Pugh rolled up about $800,000 for those books. Super marketing!
“Baltimore deserves a mayor who can move our great city forward,” she wrote in the statement as she resigned!
So, in amongst all the criminality, the murders, the drug lethality, and the graft and corruption seemingly endemic in Baltimore, where is the evidence that President Trump was being a ‘Racist’ by pointing out the Representative Cummings should concentrate on doing his job?
From this commentator’s viewpoint, not a lot!